It is important to be prepared when you go in for your first visit with a Carlsbad orthodontist. We will consider what you should know and do before your appointment and how to make the most of it.
Carlsbad Orthodontist: What You Should Know
Here are some you should know before going in for your first appointment with an orthodontist:
- The Orthodontist’s Role. Orthodontists play a vital role in dental care, as they are responsible for correcting crooked teeth and poor bites. Many people would suffer from tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems without orthodontic treatment.
People see an orthodontist for a variety of reasons, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Overbite or underbite
- Too much space between teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Misaligned jaw
- Your Dental History. The orthodontist needs to have as much information about your dental history as possible. This includes previous surgeries, illnesses, or accidents that may have affected your oral health. If you are visiting the Carlsbad orthodontist in the same practice where you receive your general dental care, this process should be much easier.
- Orthodontic Treatments. The orthodontist will discuss treatment options with you at your first meeting. This may include medication, surgery, physical therapy, or a combination of these treatments.
What You Should Do Before Your First Appointment
Now that we have considered some things you should know before your first Carlsbad orthodontist visit, let’s consider what you should do.
- Check Your Insurance Coverage. Before making an appointment, it is important to check with your insurance company to see what orthodontic coverage you have.
- Make a List of Questions. It is important to ask questions and understand all of the implications of each teeth straightening option before making a decision on which one is right for you.
- Arrive Early. It is always a good idea to arrive early for your appointment so that you have plenty of time to fill out any necessary paperwork. This will also give you a chance to ask any last-minute questions before your consultation starts.
The Benefits of Seeing an Orthodontist
There are many benefits of seeing an orthodontist, including:
- Improved appearance. Corrected alignment of the teeth can make a person’s smile look more attractive.
- Improved function. Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean and, therefore, less likely to develop cavities or gum disease.
- Prevention of further damage. Crooked teeth can cause excessive wear on tooth surfaces; corrected alignment can help prevent this from happening.
Qualified Orthodontist at Carlsbad Dental Associates
Carlsbad Dental Associates’ experienced orthodontist, Dr. Cliff Saper, has been teaching and practicing orthodontics for over 20 years. He is committed to providing enthusiastic, well-communicated, quality service to patients and parents.
If you have any questions about our orthodontic services, please do not hesitate to contact us. Feel free to call us at (760) 918-9000 to schedule an appointment if you have concerns about your teeth or other oral health issues.
We proudly serve the communities of Carlsbad, Vista, Oceanside, San Marcos, and the North County of San Diego.