Have you ever found yourself scrutinizing your smile in the mirror, focused on the flaws you notice? Have you been holding back your smiles or hiding your face when you do? Perhaps it’s time to visit a Carlsbad smile makeover dentist so you can stop being self-conscious about your smile and even possibly get more out of life.
What is involved in a smile makeover, and what Carlsbad smile makeover dentist should you choose? It is important to know that there are different aspects of a smile makeover and what is involved in each one.
Smile Makeover: What Is Involved?
A smile makeover can include several treatments, depending on what is needed to improve the patient’s smile. A few of the most common treatments are:
- Teeth Whitening. Professional teeth whitening is a process that can be done at home or in a dental office and can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the type of procedure and the number of teeth that need to be treated. The process may include tooth scaling, polishing, and removing plaque and stains from the tooth surface. The dentist applies a gel containing hydrogen peroxide onto the patient’s teeth for about 30 minutes, then rinses it off. Finally, they apply a protective coating over the patient’s teeth and gums to prevent them from staining again when they eat or drink after treatment.
- Dental Implants. If you have missing teeth, dental implants are a great option for restoring your smile. Dental implants are surgically positioned in the jaw to hold a tooth replacement in place. They look and feel like natural teeth and can last for many years.
- Veneers. Another option for improving your smile is veneers. Veneers are thin sheets of porcelain that are attached to the front of your teeth to cover up any imperfections. They can be used to fix crooked teeth, stained teeth, or gaps between your teeth.
- Dental Crowns. Crowns are dental appliances made from either metal or ceramic and used to replace a damaged or missing tooth.
- Repair of a Gummy Smile. A gummy smile is when excess gum tissue shows when the person smiles. A dentist can fix a gummy smile by using orthodontics, dental implants, laser gum contouring, or lip repositioning.
Carlsbad Smile Makeover: The Benefits
The benefits of undergoing a Carlsbad smile makeover may include:
- A more confident appearance
- Improved self-esteem
- Better oral health
- Easier to eat certain foods
Smile Makeovers at Carlsbad Dental Associates
If you are thinking about improving your confidence and dental health by getting a smile makeover, the cosmetic dentists at Carlsbad Dental Associates can help. Call us at (760) 918-9000 to get started on the road to achieving your ideal smile.
We proudly serve the communities of Carlsbad, Vista, Oceanside, San Marcos, and the North County of San Diego.